24 April 2015

Nights like these

"The point of living in a fallen world is not for us to try really hard to carry our heavy burden, but rather realize we can't do it alone and surrender to God instead." 
-- Relevant Magazine, 7 unbiblical statements christians believe.

This sentence stung and it struck me straight to the core. 
How many times have I tried to be my own "hero"? How many times have I allowed my self-reliance take control? How many times have I doubted? How many times have I missed the point?

Tonight, thankfully, has been a night of silence. A night where I allowed my thoughts to wander and run wild because it is in this silence where I am able to seek and find true Rest. One that will satisfy my all. There were a lot of inner thoughts and wars, many truthful self-reflections and repentances. 

I do miss nights like these. 


No comments:

Post a Comment